Thursday 17 January 2013

NYE nails

I got a new camera for Christmas (Nikon J1) and thought it'd be a good idea to start blogging my nail designs for the new year. So, I chose a glitter manicure to say adiós to 2012, and to start off 2013.

The polishes I used were CHI Ferry to Lady Liberty and China Glaze Champagne Kisses. I never knew there were CHI polishes until a lovely friend of mine gave me a couple as a gift. Ferry to Lady Liberty is a beautiful dark blue creme, although it looks black in some pictures. I love, love, love this CHI nail polish mostly because the formula made application a breeze.
These two were taken with my iPhone 4.

China Glaze Champagne Kisses immediately caught my eye when I saw a swatch in a salon, but I didn't buy it until I saw the blog post of The PolishAholic with several comparisons. Champagne Kisses wouldn't be my ideal glitter for gradients, but I couldn't resist its beauty! The name itself proved it was suitable for New Year's Eve. The glitter also matched my phone clutch for the evening.

I used Seche Vite top coat to finish since it's thick and works perfectly with glitter. I previously had almond shaped nails which explains the round corners on my index finger nails, so kindly ignore that! Here's both hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment